The DeVos Institute Fellowship for Arts Managers, USA
The DeVos Institute of Arts Management provides training, consultation and implementation support for arts managers and their boards. The Institute’s fellowship program covers costs for arts managers from the US and around the world to attend four-week intensive academic training, participate in collaborative group work each spring for three consecutive years.
Residents will have access to leaders of cultural institutions from throughout the United States, including site visits to select institutions. Fellows will also receive ongoing personalized mentoring, both during and between their month-long residencies
Training covers non-profit management, finance, planning, fundraising, evaluation, and marketing. The program takes place in residence at the University of Maryland, USA.
Who can apply?
- Have a minimum of five years working experience in an administrative capacity in an arts or cultural organization
- Currently serve as the executive director (or equivalent) or the head of a major department within an arts or cultural organization
- Have an excellent command of business English, orally and written
The deadline for the 2017-2019 Fellowship is 1 December, 2016
What the fellowship covers
- Air and ground transportation between Washington, D.C. and their state or country of residence
- Lodging during the Fellowship
- Per diem to cover living expenses during the Fellowship
- Visa sponsorship (for international applicants)
- Program materials
Applicants must be able to commit to the full term of the Fellowship (Washington D.C. residency dates are June 26 – July 21, 2017; June 25 – July 20, 2018; and July 1 – July 26, 2019. Fellows receive personalized mentoring and participate in virtual activities in between residencies.)
The fellowship will accept a new class each year beginning in 2016. First-year, second-year, and third-year fellows attend residencies together and engage in activities tailored to their year in the program.
Mentoring will occur both during and between the month-long residencies.
Contacts and Links
Insitute website: http://devosinstitute.umd.edu/
Fellowship page: http://devosinstitute.umd.edu/What-We-Do/Services-For-Individuals/Fellowship1
Email : email@example.com
Source: DeVos Institute of Arts Management webpage